Are you fully Australian and locally owned and operated? 

  • The firm is locally owned and operated and has been for over 60 years.

Where are you located?

  • We have offices throughout the Clarence Valley in Fitzroy St Grafton, River St Maclean and Yamba Rd Yamba.

What are your office hours?

  • 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
  • Closed weekends and Public Holidays.

Can one of our advisers come to you to discuss your accounts?

  • Yes on request and at the discretion of management, our accountants will visit our clients at their premises to discuss their accounts.   


Are you a Registered Tax Agent?

  • Yes, Mr Peter Saunders, Mr Mark Thompson, Mrs Vicki Boyd and Mrs Maria Felton are Registered Tax Agents listed with Tax Practitioners Board.

By what date must tax returns be lodged?

  • Generally a taxpayer must lodge his/her's income tax return by the 31st of October after the end of the tax year, 30th June. However where a taxpayer has appointed a tax agent to act on their behalf, then the lodgement date can be as late as 15th May the following year. i.e. 10 and half months after the end of the financial year.

What form of income must be disclosed on my tax return?

  • All forms of income needs to be disclosed i.e. taxable and non-taxable income. Examples of these include :- Wages, Interest Income, Family Tax

Benefit, Dividends, Rental Income and business Income.

  • What are acceptable items that can count as deductions?

Typical deductions include :- Work Related Expenses, Business Expenses and expenses relating to other income received.

  • What is not acceptable items to count as deduction?
  • Travel to/from work is generally not an allowable deduction, also medical and child care expenses, although these can be used  in establishing any tax offset that might be available.

Can your fee be deducted from any tax refund I receive and the remainder be automatically deposited in my bank account?

  • Yes. And there are other options that may suit you better. Call us for further details.

Is my tax return lodged electronically to the ATO (Australian Tax Office)?

  • Yes. We have a large number of form that we lodge electronically. These include. Income Tax Returns, BAS, IAS, Member Contribution Statements, Private Rulings and more.


Do you outsource any work?

  • No, all work is carried out by our own in house accountants and support staff.

Do you provide book-keeping services to businesses?

  • Yes we do. But more importantly we also provide assistance in setting up book-keeping systems that many of our clients use thus saving them bookkeeping fees.

Do you have experience in advising on all types of business structures?

  • Our Staff have over a hundred years of combined experience. And can give advise on all business structures including, Sole Traders, Partnerships, Discretionary Trusts, Fixed Trusts, Hybrid Trusts, Companies and Self Managed Super Funds.

Are you a Registered Company Auditor?

  • Yes, Mr Peter Saunders is both Registered Company Auditors.

What Administration and investigation services can you provide to organizations?

  • The firm has extensive experience over more than two decades in Administrations and Investigations. Our experienced staff provide to under-performing businesses, the opportunity to stabilise and implement a process of operational, strategic and financial change. The desired outcome is to turn around the performance of the business and to generate value for the stakeholders on a long term basis. 


Who is the holder of the Australian Financial Services Licence?

  • Vicki Boyd is an authorised representative of Financial Services Partners (ING Group), which holds an Australian Financial services licence number 237590

Who is Financial Services Partners?

  • Financial Services Partners "FSP" is owned by ING Australia Ltd (ABN 60 000 000 779), a joint venture between ING Holdings Limited (ABN 27 008 459 596) in Australia and the ANZ Banking Corporation. ING Australia Ltd is 51% owned by ING Holdings Limited, which is ultimately owned by ING Group NV. Australian & New Zealand Banking Group Limited ABN 11 005 357 523, through ANZ Orchard Investments Pty Limited (ACN 098 285 244) owns 49% of the shares in INGA.

What does it mean to be an authorized representative of FSP and what are the advantages?

  • All FSP financial advisers are specially selected for their financial expertise and ability to build meaningful, long term relationships with clients.
  • FSP advisers are also required to undertake professional development, ongoing training and compliance monitoring to ensure that they continue to develop 'best-practice' service.
  • FSP's corporate resources and our local knowledge are a powerful combination that enables us to help our clients achieve more than they ever thought possible.

Are you qualified to offer financial planning and other advice?

  • Yes, our staff specializing in Financial Planning are members of the peak professional organization representing the financial planning sector in Australia - The Financial Planning Association of Australia Ltd. Paul Kennedy is a holder of financial planning's highest professional accreditation - Certified Financial Planner.

How will I pay for the financial advisory services?

  • As a result of placing your investments, your adviser may either decide to charge you a fee for service or receive commissions, or a combination of both. Costs will reflect the individual services to be provided to you. Details of your adviser’s remuneration will be provided to you before you commit and you should ensure that this information has been clearly explained.

Do you have Professional Indemnity Insurance?

  • Yes, we have full Professional Indemnity Insurance that adheres to industry requirements.

What complaints procedures do I have available to me?

  • Financial Services Partners is a member of the Financial Industry Complaints Service. If you wish to make a complaint about the service provided to you, you should take the following steps:
  • Contact your adviser and detail your complaint.
  • If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 3 days, please contact the Financial Services Partners National Professional Standards Manager on (02) 9253-8550.
  • Alternatively, you may put your complaint in writing and send it to our business address. Financial Services Partners will seek to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly. If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman. They can be contacted on 1300 780 808. This service is provided to you free of charge. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) also has a freecall Infoline on 1300 300 630 which you may use to make a complaint and obtain information about your rights.